Vehicle Imports

Importing a vehicle from the UK or any other area outside the EU can be a very complex and time consuming process, Here at Beagans Limited we specialise in vehicle import clearances so we can guide you through the entire process simplifying the process and ensuring you are completely compliant with all EU Regulations. With a very quick turnaround your vehicle will be on the road in no time.

Department of Agriculture Food & Marine (DAFM)

DAFM have various requirements for imports of goods from animal feed, human consumption food items and certain non-animal origin goods.

Beagans Limited specialise in liaising with DAFM handling the BCP prenotification requirement on behalf of our clients to ensure all their queries are dealt with and our clients goods are released without delay.

Department of Forestry

The Department of Forestry is a section of the Department of Agriculture Food & Marine (DAFM) that specialises in the control of goods which may put the Forest Ecosystem of Ireland at risk such as items of wood which may be carrying insects or other microorganisms not native to Ireland.

Department of Fisheries

The Department of Fisheries is a section of the Department of Agriculture Food & Marine (DAFM) that specialises in the control of fish and other aquatic animals being imported into Ireland.

Common Health Entry Document (CHED)

A CHED is a mandatory document that must be presented at a border control post (BCP) in order to carry out security checks when these goods enter the EU market, see below.

  • Live Animals
  • Products of animal origin (POAO)
  • Products of plant origin
  • Feed and Food products.

Inward Processing Relief (IPR)

Inward processing (IP) is a duty relief procedure. It allows goods to be imported into the European Union (EU) for processing, with suspension of import duties and VAT. The processed products which result from the processing can either be re-exported or released to free circulation. The duty and VAT must be paid on either the originally imported raw material or on the processed products. A process can be anything from repacking or sorting goods to the most complicated manufacturing.

Book a consultation today to find out how Beagans Limited can assist you with your IPR application.

Outward Processing (OP)

Outward Processing (OP) is one of a number of procedures provided for in EU legislation which are referred to collectively as Special Procedures. It allows goods to be exported outside the EU for processing and then re-imported back into the EU. The import duty will be based on the cost of the processing operation undertaken outside the customs territory of the Union.

Book a consultation today to find out how Beagans Limited can assist you with your OP application.

Customs Warehousing Procedure

The customs warehousing procedure allows traders to store non-European Union (EU) goods without payment of customs charges or Valued-Added Tax (VAT). Normal rules regarding import or export prohibitions or restrictions continue to apply to goods in a warehouse.

End-Use Relief

You can import certain goods at a reduced or zero rate of Customs Duty. The goods must be used for a specific purpose and within a set time period. This relief is known as end-use relief. It does not apply to Value-Added Tax (VAT) or Excise Duties.

Temporary Admission (TA)

You can use the temporary admission procedure to temporarily import certain goods into the European Union (EU). Examples of such goods are samples, professional equipment, items for auction, exhibition or demonstration. You will usually have to provide security to cover the import charges normally payable on the goods.

When you import goods using temporary admission there are some general rules that you must follow. In addition, there are other rules that only apply to the specific type of goods you import. These other rules are explained under the specific category of goods to which they apply.

ATA Carnet

You can use an ATA carnet to temporarily import or export certain goods into or out of the European Union (EU). The carnet is issued in the country from which the goods are exported. You must present the ATA carnet with the goods when they arrive in the EU.

If you use an ATA carnet you will not have to complete the customs declarations or other formalities normally required at import. The carnet also provides security to cover the duty on the goods you import. The following goods can be entered for temporary admission using an ATA carnet:

  • Commercial samples
  • Professional equipment
  • Goods for exhibitions, fairs or trade shows.

Entry into Declarants Records (EIDR)

Entry into Declarant’s Records (EIDR) is a simplified procedure. Under this procedure, an economic operator may be authorised to enter certain goods to the customs import procedure at their premises or another approved location.

The particulars must be at the disposal of the customs authorities at the time when the declaration is lodged. The declaration must contain the minimum required data elements.

The authorisation may waive the obligation for the goods to be presented. The goods are deemed to have been released at the moment of entry into the declarant’s records.

The supplementary declaration containing the required data elements is lodged after the goods have been released. There are circumstances where the supplementary declaration may be waived.

The declaration entered in the declarant’s records, and the supplementary declaration, shall be deemed to constitute a single, indivisible instrument. This instrument takes effect on the date on which the goods are entered in the declarant’s records.

Catch Certificate

A catch certificate provides information, which proves that the fishery product/s have been caught under a legal fishing regime. A catch certificate includes (but is not limited to) the following information: that the boat is licensed by the fishing authority.

Phytosanitary Certificate

Phytosanitary certification is used to attest that consignments meet phytosanitary import requirements and is undertaken by a National Plant Protection Organisation (NPPO).

Fumigation Certificate

A fumigation certificate, sometimes referred to as a pest-control certificate, is a document that serves as confirmation that any wooden packing materials (ie, pallets) used in a cargo shipment have been fumigated. They contain details such as treatment purpose, fumigants used, and temperature range.